Marketing and Social Media Manager Position
Seeking a self-starting individual to help create graphics and materials to tell our story.
Position: Marketing and Social Media Manager
Reports to: Leadership
Classification: 5-10 hours /week
About The Organization:
Danger Boat Productions LLC dreams and engineers creative, entertaining, and engaging shows like The Theater of Public Policy (T2P2). The organization specializes in events and productions that get people laughing and thinking about big ideas and issues. Founded in 2011, the company has produced more than 500 live events across the country.
Danger Boat Productions seeks a self-starting individual to help create graphics and materials to tell its story, as well as direct its social media presence. This manager will devise a guiding strategy for the company’s communications with the goal of raising the theater’s profile, getting more people to attend shows, and more clients to hire the company for workshops and performances. This individual will work with the cast to create content for dissemination on various platforms.
This individual will create, execute and manage all of T2P2’s email newsletters and social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They will also send press releases to local media about events and ensure all T2P2 gigs are posted on local event calendars.
1. Graphic Design (25%)
This individual will take the lead creating images, documents, and graphics to help show the organization’s various performance and workshop offerings
· Create basic one-pager (or similar document) that explains the various workshop and show offerings of the company
· Create graphics that can be easily shared on social media to advertise shows and other upcoming events
2. Communication Strategy and Management (45%)
This individual will devise and execute a communications and social media plan.
· Develop a communications strategy, then drive that strategy
o Identify potential audiences and curate contacts
· Manage social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
· Engage with new and existing audiences
· Live tweet certain events
· Alert press of certain events via press releases or other means, particularly for shows with a particular journalistic hook
o Pitch live media such as radio and television on having members of T2P2 on the air as a lead-up to a season or upcoming special event
· Ensure T2P2 events are posted on event calendars
· Coordinate cast/crew to distribute posters/postcards at local coffee shops and other locations in the lead-up to each season or special gigs
3. Other Content Creation (30%)
This individual will create original content that will drive interest and engagement with our live events.
· Draft and send out email newsletters that alert fans of upcoming shows
· Generate photos and videos that alert people to shows and spotlight cast members
· Capture (or recruit cast to capture) live videos and photos from shows and then distribute those to create a sense of FOMO
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Self-starter, able to get things done without constant oversight
· Demonstrated ability to create a communication strategy and implement it
· Ability to create promotional imagery that works in emails, on social media, and potentially beyond
· Ability to represent the organization professionally to diverse audiences
· Owns a computer and relevant software (Microsoft Office Suite, photo editing such as Photoshop or Illustrator)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired
· Graphic design experience and knowledge
· 1 years of relevant communications experience
· Ability to work from home or telecommute
· Access to reliable transportation
· Familiar with effective social media outreach and strategy
Note about Applicants
Danger Boat Productions LLC and The Theater of Public Policy value diversity on and off stage. Women, people of color, and individuals from communities often underrepresented in the theater and creative communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why should I apply?
Be part of an organization wants to engage with audience in fun and new ways. The work we’re doing is unique and we’re open to new ideas or methods to reach our audiences. We believe in using laughter as a tool to better serve our communities.
Email a cover letter and resume to Tane@t2p2.net. If selected for an interview, be prepared to send us past written and pictorial samples. Afterwards, we will schedule a 1 hour in person interview at the convenience of the applicant. This is a rolling application process. We will review candidates as they come in.